Matcha Tea Cake Recipe
- 1 tbsp Matcha ARIEL TEA
- 1 cup all-purpose flour (sifted)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2/3 cup of milk of your choice
- 2 tbsp of butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup TERRA Organic Cane Sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- TERRAOrganic Powdered Sugar (optional)
1. Turn on the oven to 350 °F. Grease a 9-inch square baking pan and set pan aside.
2. In a small bowl, gently stir together sifted flour, Matcha Tea and baking powder, then set aside.
3. In a large mixing bowl, beat eggs with an electric mixer on high speed about 4 minutes or until thick.
4. Gradually add the Organic Cane Sugar, beating on medium speed for 5 minutes. Add the dry mixture and beat on low speed, just until combined.
5. In a small saucepan heat and stir the milk along with the butter at medium-low until butter is melted. (You can opt for the microwave)
6. Add the infused milk and butter to the batter and stir until combined. Pour batter into the prepared pan.
7. Bake in a 350 °F oven for 18 to 24 minutes. Make sure to remove the cake from the oven as soon as a wooden toothpick comes out clean. Cool cake in pan on a wire rack.
~ Once cooled, sprinkle on some TERRA Organic Icing Sugar